The Top Ten Benefits You Get From Writing a Research Paper:
1. You get to choose a topic and learn about that topic.
2. Writing research papers can help you figure out your true interests and know which direction to move in your education and in your life.
3. The more you write, the better you get at writing, and knowing how to express yourself well is always a good thing.
4. This is your opportunity to show your professor how much you have learned in class.
5. You can show off your amazing new knowledge on dates or to your friends.
6. Once you are out of school, learning about new things can go from being a requirement to a hobby, so enjoy it while you can.
7. As you move toward writing a thesis, your brain makes new connections, therefore making you just a tiny bit smarter.
8. You never know when your writing or new knowledge will help you in other classes, or in future jobs.
9. A great research paper can really boost your grade, and, unlike on exams, you are in control of the quality of your work.
10. They are a great excuse to put off unpleasant tasks, like cleaning your room.